nXtRender for AutoCAD - Installation
nXtRender can be downloaded from:
After downloading nXtRender for AutoCAD, run the installation.
When you next start AutoCAD, type in the command: nXt
nXtRender Installation Video
In this Video, Daniel Hargreaves of AccuStudio will show you how to download and install nXtRender for rendering your AutoCAD drawings.
nXtRender for AutoCAD is the rendering engine that allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images from your 3D models inside AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture. nXtRender provides the highest quality in AutoCAD visualization solution available today.
nXtRender does not load
I type nXt at the command prompt but nXtRender does not load. Instead AutoCAD produces the error message Unknown Command “nXt”.
Normally nXtRender registers its commands with AutoCAD during installation. On occasion, this mechanism may fail. In this case you will need to manually load nXtRender the first time you run it in a particular version of AutoCAD. Use the following procedure:
1. Type _appload at the command line.
2. Navigate to the folder where nXtRender was installed. This is normally C:\Program Files\AccuRender nXt.
3. Select one of the following files depending on your platform:
- AccuRender nXt.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt64.arx (AutoCAD 2007 - 2009)
- AccuRender nXt_18_.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt_18_64.arx (AutoCAD 2010 - 2012)
- AccuRender nXt_19_.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt_19_64.arx (AutoCAD 2013 - 2015)
4. Press Load
Check the AutoCAD command line to verify that the application loaded without error. At this point you should be able to type nxt or ar5 to launch the application. You should not have to repeat this procedure again for this version of AutoCAD. Simply typing nxt or ar5 at the command prompt should cause nXtRender to load. You may need to repeat this procedure if you install another version of AutoCAD.